July 3rd, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
As Paul’s departure as a regular host is in 10 episodes, Jonah rants about the Batmobile in Batman: Arkham Knight and talks about the painlessness of Fallout Shelter‘s micro-transactions. The other part of the podcast is them talking Heroes of Might & Magic II, and discussing what makes a good expansion.
The news items include:
- Lack of female character choice in The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes explained
- Australian government bans hundreds of mobile and Web-based games
- Nintendo has no problems changing franchises, despite fan outcry
- Apple pulls games with Confederate flag imagery
All this plus Listener Feedback and Paul’s indignation.
Tags: apple · Industry News · Nintendo · Podcast · Rant · Show Notes
June 24th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 3 Comments
Part of this long episode was recorded live from the LA Convention Center floor at E3 2015, where Jonah and Paul were fresh off waiting in line for Disney amibos. There were some news items covered there, while a few more news items were recorded here.
Rather than list all of the news items, we’ll just relay the Question of the Week: “If Nintendo isn’t revealing a new console, should they skip E3 altogether in 2016?”
All this and listener feedback, too.
Tags: E3 · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes
June 12th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
It’s the last episode before the start of E3, which both Jonah and Paul will be attending, as Paul fantasizes about having some fancy footwear for the conference.
The abbreviated episode includes the following news:
- The $100 headset uses controversial electric shocks to make you a better gamer
- Oculus unveils final model of the Rift, due early 2016
- Xbox One exclusives Crackdown, Scalebound and Quantum Break will skip E3 for Gamescom
Question of the Week this time is, “Do you prefer a silent or voiced protagonist?”
Tags: E3 · Editorial · Episode · Industry News · Podcast · Show Notes · Xbox One
June 4th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This podcast was recorded on short notice, so it’s on the short side. It’s also a little dated, since the Fallout 4 news was going to be announced the next day at the recording, and the publishing is a day after it’s official reveal. There’s an actual Gaming Flashback this week, with Destroy All Humans!, which shockingly Paul never played.
The news in this podcast includes:
- Indie dev discusses where the money goes
- Fallout 4 announcement coming June 3
- New Steam refunds policy makes some devs concerned
All this and Listener Feeedback.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Podcast · RPG · Show Notes · Steam
May 29th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
Another late podcast, as Summer is in sight, and E3 looms ahead. Some minor audio issues with the podcast, but still the same podcast-y goodness we can expect from Paul and Jonah.
The news includes:
- Analysts: “Greed, fear, and the potential to change the world” will drive VR
- Casey Hudson joins Microsoft
- Humble Bundle debuts Wii games
- World of Warcraft players are pissed their characters can’t fly
- Final Fantasy 15 news coming next week
All that and Listener Feedback.
Tags: 3DS · Episode · Final Fantasy · Industry News · Microsoft · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii · Wii U · world of warcraft
May 26th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · No Comments
There will be a podcast this week, but it’s been delayed a bit. Keep your eye on this space for more podcast goodness.
May 11th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 1 Comment
This podcast marks the beginning of the end of Paul’s tenure as a regular co-host, as he will be leaving at the milestone episode 400. He and Jonah both bemoan the loss of last week’s taping, as it had laughter, tears, outrage and a long comic book conversation, but this episode more than makes up for it with items that make Paul squee.
The news includes:
- Portal, Doctor Who, The Simpsons and more confirmed for Lego Dimensions
- Report: Xbox One 60fps game DVR capture goes live
- Nintendo partners with Universal Parks to create themed rides and attractions
- Microsoft teases big Rare reveal at E3
All this and some nifty Listener Feedback.
Tags: E3 · Episode · Exclusives · Industry News · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · Rumors · Show Notes · Xbox One
April 28th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 3 Comments
This week’s episode has bad audio, but at least it’s short, due to Jonah’s lingering laryngitis. Paul insists Homestar Runner hasn’t been good in 15 years, while Jonah talks about the NES classic bomb Athena.
This week’s news includes:
- Nintendo Virtual Store to start selling N64 and DS games
- Tim Schafer recommends Broken Age players start over from the beginning
- Silent Hills is officially dead
All this and Listener Feedback.
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Konami · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Wii U
April 19th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 3 Comments
Jonah and Paul send a brief missive about the current state of the podcast.
Tags: Podcast · Show Notes
April 5th, 2015 by jonahfalcon · 2 Comments
This episode was recorded on short notice thanks to last week’s late posting, so the Listener Feedback that responded to 382 couldn’t make it here. Paul and Jonah discuss some board games with remarkably similar themes they played in the past few days. Paul also waits for his compensation for The Sims Freeplay.
The news of the week includes:
- Microsoft discontinues Kinect for Windows
- Microsoft says open source Windows is “definitely possible”
- OnLive shuts down streaming games service, sells patents to Sony
- Mario Maker gets release date
No Listener Feedback this week, so the Question of the Week remains the same: “What do you think the future is for old games?”
Tags: Episode · Industry News · Kinect · Microsoft · Nintendo · Podcast · Show Notes · Sony